Marcello Berland, Managing Director
Expertise: General Management, Sales Marketing and Distribution
Region: Brazil, Latin America and North America
“Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory, tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. This millenary knowledge is well suited to the challenges facing all sort of modern companies. Having worked several years both as Industry and Consultant Executive, I’ve learned that it is very important to have a Strategy that people can implement it. Tactics, which means how we are getting to our goals, needs to be carefully planned, aligned with the people and mastered to execution”
Marcello built his career among the Consumer Goods & Consumer Electronics Industries in the Americas, including senior experience both as management consultant and as industry executive. Before joining InReach Marcello worked for:
- McKinsey & Company as Expert Latin America for the Consumer Goods & Retail industries, serving major companies of Beer, Soft Drink, Meat and Poultry, Food commodities, OTC Healthcare and Toys in Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Colombia in complex projects such as: Companies Integration after M&A, Commercial Strategy and Go to Market redefinition, Commercial Diagnostic identifying opportunities, Negotiation Planning and Execution, Distributor’s network redesign.
- Berland Consulting as Commercial Director, serving Consumer Electronics and Consumer Goods Industries in Brazil and Mexico in projects such as: Entry in new markets and channels, Go to Market strategy and execution.
- Schincariol Beverage Group (acquired by Japanese Kirin in 2011) as Business Unit Director, leading the International Markets Division and establishing new businesses in USA and Latin America. He also leaded the optimization and restructuring of the Distributor’s network in Brazil, being directly accountable for a 33% increase in the company’s overall operative EBITDA (2009).
- Integration Consulting as Country Manager Argentina, serving Consumer Electronics and Consumer Goods Industries in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Colombia and Venezuela, in projects such as: Go to Market strategy and execution, Distributor’s network redesign, Entry in new markets and channels.
- Ambev (part of AB Inbev Group) as Marketing Coordinator, supporting the beverage distribution and execution inside the biggest Antarctica’s brand Distributor in Brazil.
Marcello is bachelor and master of Business Administrator from the FGV-Brazil and bachelor of Economics from USP-Brazil, with specialization studies in Wharton-USA and Babson-USA.
Marcello is a Brazilian national, currently living in São Paulo, Brazil with his wife and his daughter. He speaks fluently English, Portuguese and Spanish. He Loves sports, games and world geography and history. Also, he has visited around 50 Countries in the 5 Continents.